Lahsun ki Chutney or Garlic paste is one of the very popular eatables in Rajasthan especially in winter season.
This simple but delectable dry garlic chutney tastes delicious and helps in keeping the body warm during winters due to presence of large quantities of garlic.
It is mainly relished with bajra rotis and onions and is usually a part of peasant’s working lunch.
Ingrediants required to make “Lahsun Ki Chutney”
- 2 heads of garlic, peeled and cloved
- 6-8 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 Juice Lemon
- Salt To Taste
How to make “Lahsun Ki Chutney”
- Break the stem of the red chillies and break into small pieces. Remove the seeds by tapping the chillies. Soak in 4-5 tbsp hot water for 1/2 hour
- For the chutney, grind the soaked chillies along with the water, garlic, dhania, jeera, oil and sugar and lemon juice to a semi-smooth paste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the chilli paste. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat or till oil separates. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from fire
TIP: This chutney should be kept well in an airtight container.