The iron and steel industry presents one of the most intensive sectors within the Indian economy. According to reports, India has emerged as the fourth largest producer of steel in the world and the second largest producer of crude steel with reached 28.49 million tonne (MT) in April-September 2009.
Steel Industry in Rajasthan
Rajasthanâ€˜s steel industry comprises of mainly re-rolling and stainless steel units. The units are mostly located around Jodhpur, Alwar and Jaipur. Rajasthan also has huge reserves of steel melting shop (SMS) grade limestone which is supplied to various steel plants in the country.
Investments in Steel Industry
A host of steel companies have lined up major investment proposals. Furthermore, with an expanding consumer market, the Rajastyhan steel industry is likely to receive huge domestic and foreign investments.
Key Investors in Steel Industry
Asian Alloys Limited (AAL)
- Its units are located in Punjab and at Bhiwadi in Rajasthan.
- Companyâ€˜s products are mainly used in the paper and rubber industry.
Kamdhenu Ispat Limited
- Kamdhenu Group is a manufacturer of international quality steel bars in Northern India and the first to receive ISO-9002 certification by NQA QSR Dutch Council of quality ISO -9002 systems.
- Steel bars are manufactured at its unit in Bhiwadi.
- Its paint division has a plant in Alwar.
- The company’s activities include manufacture of protective coatings for steel pipes, epoxy coatings for reinforcement bars, manufacture of epoxy powder paint and galvalum range of aluminium sacrificial anodes and the processing of iron ore.