Mawa Kachori is a sweet made of mawa stuffed in kachori. It is a very special and prestigious dish originated from Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
It was invented by Rawat Mishthan Bhandar, Jodhpur . Hence, the Mawa Kachori of Rawat Mishthan Bhandar is considered as best in the town. People of Jodhpur feel prestigious to take Mawa Kachori with them for their relatives outside Jodhpur.
Similarly people visiting from other cities to Jodhpur donâ€™t forget to take Mawa Kachori especially Rawatâ€™s Mawa Kachori with them.
In Jaipur,Â famous sweet shops such as Rawat sweet and Kanji sweets near the bus stand and at LMB, Johri Bazar are among the famous shops to get Mawa ki Kacori”.
Ingredients required to make Mawa ki Kachori
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- Khoya (mawa), 1/2 cup
- a pinch of salt
- ghee or oil for deep frying
- Almond, silvered, 1 Tbsp grated
- Pista (pistachios), 1 Tbsp pigratedces
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon (Dalchini), powdered, 1/2 tspn [See <"/hindinames-spices-pictures.html">Cinnamon dalchini picture]
- a few saffron strands
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water for syrup
How to Prepare Mawa ki Kachori
- Take plain flour and add a pinch of salt and 1 Tbs ghee or oil. Knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Use enopugh water and knead well for about 5 minutes to make a firm dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls and keep aside by coverfing with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
Procedure for Kachori:
- Roll one ball to a size of about 3 inch diameter roti. Place 2 tsp of filling stuff at its center. Dampen the edge of the roti with water and hold at 4-5 points at its rim, bringing close at the center. Press the points tightly so that the filling is sealed inside. Press this ball with your palm gently. Repeat with other balls.
- Bake or deep fry all the balls and keep aside to cool.
- Prepare a chasni syrup of 2 threads by dissolving 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water.
- Make a hole of size 1 cm at the top center of each kachori and pour approximately 2 tsp of the chasni into it. Pour some chasni outside on the kachori also.
Image Source: Rediff